It's January 2021 — hooray, we made it! 2020 was a tough year for all, and to all of our dismay, the COVID pandemic is still raging... BUT, we refuse to start the new year on a negative note and have channeled all of our positive thoughts into our Return to Live Guide that'll get you raring to go in the new year. Although live events are still on hold, there's so much you can be doing to make a big impact NOW, and your live event comeback better than ever! Our MSM experts in all things events (live and virtual) break it down for you into a manageable 5-step action plan. Ready to get started?
Take a hard look at your program to determine what was a worthwhile spend of resources and budget dollars. Star and strike-through each event to begin redefining your action plan.
- What have you historically sponsored, hosted, or attended?
- What was the budget?
- What goals did you set?
- Were they met, or exceeded?
- Are there industries you had particular success with?
- Are there other opportunities to get in front of those audiences?
Having a full event and trade show program leads to LOTS of properties piling up in your exhibit partners warehouse. When was the last time you did a full inventory review? You may have outdated graphics and properties that are just collecting dust and their disposal could save your company big budget dollars over the long run.
- When did you last request an inventory report? Is it up-to-date?
- Do you have a good idea of how/when your assets were last used?
- Are there items not being used that could be repurposed or modified to get more use?
- Could any be upgraded for easier shipping, lighter drayage, etc.?
- Lastly, clean house! Get rid of anything that isn't making the cut through either donation or disposal.
When in doubt, go digital: As we like to say, Bytes are more flexible than Blocks! Working on digital assets, whether video or interactive, not only helps out with customer engagement in the short term, but also gives you assets that can be more easily updated and repurposed when returning to live.
4) Go Virtual
Did you find this helpful? Be sure to comment and share! Want to get in touch with one of our event experts, or just connect with another human? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSM is a woman-owned, award-winning brand experience agency based in Rochester, NY. With a focus in live and virtual exhibits, events and activations, MSM solves face-to-face marketing challenges through one-of-a-kind experiences that tell brand stories, captivate audiences, engage the senses, and inspire customer loyalty.
MSM is a Top Workplace in its region, was the first agency RFP-certified by the Experiential Designers and Producers Association (EDPA), is a top industry fabricator with recurring placement on Exhibitor Magazine’s Find It Top 40 List and Event Marketer’s Fab 50 List, and opened sister agency The Experience Shop in 2018 to expand its offerings in non-traditional event marketing experiences.